Face The Future With Compassion And Knowledge On Your Side
I am attorney Lana Wiess. I serve clients across Orange County who need representation for their family law matters. Often, these matters can have a great deal of stress attached to them. My job is to equip you to move past your current conflict and into a better set of circumstances for you and your children.
I began my career as a family law attorney after graduating from Southwestern University School of Law in 1996. I have helped many families with their legal issues. I am honored by the reputation I’ve earned for high client satisfaction; but I also work very hard to understand your specific situation and concerns and use my knowledge and experience to help you work towards the optimal resolution to your case.
On a personal note, I live in Orange County with my husband. My experience as a parent and a spouse has provided me with a deep understanding of what is at stake in each case I accept.
I Am Here For You
For years, I have helped families in Orange County adjust to their new normal. My experience with family law means that I understand the journey you are about to undergo, both legally and emotionally. I take the time to use this experience to help you understand your options and relevant law, prepare effective legal documents, negotiate agreements when possible and provide a strong representation in court when needed. At my office, you can feel comfortable knowing that:
- You have access to a focused attorney who works in all areas of family law, from paternity and pre/postnuptial agreements to child custody and child support issues.
- I will always prioritize you and will work to reduce the stress involved in your legal matter so you can focus on doing what is best for you and your future.
- I will sit down and do the research needed to ensure the legal strategies employed on your behalf are strong, well-founded and legally sound.
Today is a new beginning. It will not always be easy, but your future is a little brighter at my office.
Fair Rates For Skilled Representation
I believe in giving my best efforts for every client with whom I work. I also believe in providing affordable legal representation for family law cases, because of the importance of finding a fair and workable solution for these matters. Here is my latest fee structure information.
Initial consultation: Your initial consultation is free. Due to COVID-19, initial consultation is provided virtually, with your choice of a Zoom, Facetime, or phone consultation. If you decide to retain my firm, subsequent meetings can be virtual or in my office in Irvine.
Hourly rate: This is a typical arrangement for legal services that assures you that the attorney will be available to address all of the family law issues that arise in your case per a written agreement with our company. A retainer (up-front payment) is typically required to begin providing services to you. The retainer and the hourly rate will depend on nature of the case and the services provided.
Flat Fee: My firm offers flat-fee packages for specific services, including:
- Preparation of court documents for uncontested divorce, annulment, or legal separation; uncontested agreements modifying custody, visitation, or support orders, and other uncontested family law matters
- Preparation or review of family law agreements such as a Marital Settlement Agreement of Stipulated Order to modify child support, custody or visitation
- Limited scope attorney court appearance on a specific issue and on a specific court date
- Attorney consultation hourly packages
Sliding-Scale Fee: I also provide legal services for a reduced fee based on income to a limited number of clients each year. Since these fees do not cover the cost of running our business, we can only offer this arrangement to a small number of clients with very limited income and significant family law issues that need resolution. If you qualify and the spots are full, we can place you on our waiting list.